Well, I am neither fat nor Italian so I don’t like being called Tony.
Regardless lets begin on our food journey. My measuring style may shock you and I rarely add salt.
KALE & MUSHROOMS
- red onion – handful, chopped you favorite way
- mushroom – big handful, sliced
- khale – two big handfuls, sliced in thin strips, stems removed
- olive oil & black pepper (Cambodian preferred)
sautee’ the red onion in olive oil on medium heat until translucent
turn up the heat to high, add kale and mushrooms
toss and stir like a boss until the the kale is slightly charred, add black pepper or additonal spices to taste, enjoy
ST. ANTHONY’S CHICKEN SALAD
- chicken – 2 large handfuls, white and/or dark meat in chunks
- onion – half handful, diced, I prefer red in this recipe
- bell pepper – half handful, diced, again I prefer red
- kale – 1 large leaf, cut in thin strips
- arrugala (rocket) – equal amount as kale, cut in thin strips
- oregano – 1 fresh sprig, pull the leaves off whole
- tarragon – 1 fresh sprig, pull the leaves off whole
- mayonaise – 2 big spoonfuls
- black pepper – (Cambodian preferred)
This probably the quickest chicken salad recipe and unique in that its not meant to be chilled and sit for the flavors to blend. Each bite brings a surprisingly delicious sensations to the taste buds. I used meat leftover from one of those roasted chickens one gets at the local grocery store. Just throw alll the ingredients in a bowl, stir, and slap on your favorite bread!
Don’t have any arrugala? Try any lettuce instead.
CUCUMBER ICE CREAM
- vanilla ice cream – one pint
- cucumber – medium sized, from the garden of course
- raisins – a handful, dark or white- choose wisely
- honey – to taste ~ 6+ tablespoons
Super summertime garden fresh snack that’ll shock the kids yet soon be a favorite. Place the bowl in the freezer while preparing the ingredients. pour some hot water on the raisins to soften or just microwave a minute just barely covered in water. Peel and finely dice the scrumptous garden fresh cuucumber. Once the raisins are cool, drain the water. Put the vanilla ice cream in a bowl, cover with diced cucumber and plump juicy raisins. Now drizzle a good amount of honey over the top, quickly mash and stir with a fork, and serve. It is surprising fun and delicious at the same time.
Next fresh from the garden recipes will be Garlic Soup (Sopa de Ajo) Sign up on my email list below as not to miss updates on my delicious and nutritious creations!